View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zarelya
Sarenen
Matriarch

re: New Guild Charter and other information!

Please Please Please take a look at the new Guild Charter... This is a mandatory read for all guildies. I would appreciate whatever feedback you may have for me...

:D
Thanks
Ray

Raylenskar
Matriarch of A Light in the Shadow, Horde, Shadow Council
Handyn (Druid)

re: My 2 Coppers

To me, everything looks good sofar. It is 3 AM Pacific Time, and my train of thought is a little off, but here I go:

Guild Ranks are done great, not too few ranks where everyone is the same, but not too many where we would wonder who is what. Each rank has it's niché and a job to perform. Also the enrollment application process is solid. Even a member at my rank will not guarantee entry into the guild, which is good.

As for the guild bank; members should be able to send items to any of the higher officers (Left & Right's) as well as the Matriarch, to ease any burdens that may be accrued, since we have alot of access. All the sending player would need to do is send the leader a note of what went to who for sorting.

The part on activity is a bit to take in at once. It is all well composed but is a bit to take in. The only thing I can see people having issues with really is activity on the forums, which myself, needs to be on more. Activity online in World Of Warcraft within the guild, is a no brainer. Everyone should be online a bit atleast, afterall, that is why we are in a guild.

You mentioned Guild Treasurer, who shall fill that position? And I assume that role includes keeping our bank tabs (atleast on our main bank) clean and organized.
Zarelya
Sarenen
Matriarch

Well.... I haven't gotten all that far... grin... I wrote the damn charter :P

Heh, I would like to sit down again with the officers to hash that out as well... Please mail me in game or on here and let me know your availability (well a basic idea anyways)

Ray
Handyn (Druid)

This is a proposed looting system that we are thinking of implementing for doing 5-Man Normals and Heroics as well as possible 10-Man Naxx / Obsidian Sanctum / VoA...

We will have an assigned few people labeled as "Core Raiders". These few will have priory on loot that drops. If an item that can be dubbed an upgrade drops, the Core person gets it if they want it. Said person can also refuse the drop to help a guild member out if the item is too close to what they already have, to be considered an upgrade.

Although this will be a downer at first, as these Core people do more instances, they will not be taking as many drops, and thus the guildies coming on the raid will have better than normal chances at getting gear upgrades. The other benefit shall be this, depending on the item, you will be compensated for. This could be gold, materials towards an item you need made, or whatever we decide on later.

The reasoning for this is because we need to have a solid few members who will be on during almost every instance attempt, who will be able to help carry a member or two through a harder instance if said members are not up to spec.

From thinking a bit, Myself (Handyn) and Raylenskar (Sarenen) will be the main Core members. Others will be brought into this Core group, but they will be secondary, in comparison to the guildies.

When it comes to Instances with other guilds, we will find a common system that we will use for that particular instance.

Thanks for reading my little thought, this is for the better of the guild and stability of our instancing timeframe.

Have a great morning/afternoon/evening/night. 
watonston

re: the loot system for rais and other runs

i like handyn idea but i think it mit run into a few problmes because of the way the game runs. for one if someone wants the item or it is better them the one that they have and they roll a low number on the roll and they dont get it. it mit make it harder for us as in all of lits to figue out if the person has a plan to use it or sell it on the ah if it is a b.o.p. and no one wnats them i would say it gets de. and if it is a b.o.e it goes in the guild bank and we do a raffle 1g buy and half of the money after all that want in pay the 1g goes to the winner and the item that is b.o.e. they get only if they can use it we need to look at there current grear and see if it is better then the one that they have. i have run way tomany guilds and been an officer way to many guilds but i know what it takes to get a great guild looting system going so if anyone has any questions about it please feel free to ask me at one point i did run one of the biggest guilds in world of warcraft on my other sever before it broke apart form people leaveing the game and leaveing the sever i had 587 people in it the guild name was Dark Force Of Honor but im looking at new start in lits and i hope that it will be a good exp. for me to meet new freinds and get more great stuff in the game so ty for the invite to the guild hope to see lots of lits players online ty for your time
Handyn (Druid)

OK, a breakdown of how my system would work: (Example)

You have Me (Core, Raylenskar (Core), Watonston, and two others.
* Lets say that Raylenskar, being a Priest can only wear cloth, and we have two other caster cloth users in the group.
* Lets say a cloth item that drops is a MainSpec Upgrade for Raylenskar and one of the two others.
* Since Raylenskar is Core, if it is MainSpec Upgrade for her, she gets the item.
* Every other member who could benefit from the item as a MainSpec Upgrade, then rolls.
* The winner of the roll, gets some form of compensation like: Gold, Items, and/or Assistance.
* If she passes or does not qualify for it, then everyone who it is a MainSpec Upgrade, can roll.
* Winner gets the item like normal.

IF no one qualifies for the item as a MainSpec Upgrade, then the same procedure above, happens again. But this time, it is for Off-Spec Upgrades.

Now, if we run into the 'Bind on Equip' items, and the above process ends up with no winner of the item, then it is rolled on as normal for Dis-Enchanting / Auction House / Selling.

This way:
* Our Core people get upgraded quickly and efficiently.
* Can help our guildies then get upgraded quickly.
* Should save time on Loot Upgrades.
* Let us maintain this as a fun game.
* Let us Kick Butt.
watonston

re: nice way to do it

i like your idea handyn it will work but i think we should make class leads like for each class warroir and so on my last guild did that and it worked out great
Handyn (Druid)

that will come in soon, for now we just need to get a couple people set up for CORE and go from there. Once we expand a bit and get more people to 80, then it will be more efficient to do Leads of a class.
watonston

re: class leads/vl to 80

that sounds good to me but there r lots of people including my slef who need help lvling i have been gone for a year and only been back for 15 days so im having a little bit of trouble geting to lvl 80 and i know that there r a few others that want to get to lvl 80 fast so that we can do raids as a guild but i should be lvl 80 by the end of the week or so them im going to get my priest up to lvl 80 form lvl 64 and my dk lvl 61 and then my hunter lvl 18 and then form there i dont know what class im lvl up next but as i said before if there is any one in the guild that needs help i will help them and if any of the officers need help or advise on something please ask me i have been around all the way back to beta of the game start. and the class lead is just and idea i was thing about but we will leave that up to ray it is her guild
Zarelya
Sarenen
Matriarch

re: Raid Info

Handyn's idea to me is a great one...

However, this is my thinking... Give me your opinions -
I think that the "Core" group should actually be 10 players ...
Basically 2 full 5 man groups:
1 Tank, 1 Healer, 3 DPS in each group... These groups will run together, eat together, shit together... you know the drill... this will be you CORE group... You need to get use to how the other people play, and you need to be able to play together... Now, once you get things down with your CORE group - then we'll switch up and weave these 10 players around so that they all get a chance to see how we all play and how we all play together :D

Watonston: As far as class leads, that will come in due time when we have more people in the guild... As for right now though, we don't have enough people in the guild to make that useful in any way... YET~

:D

Ray
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    A Light in the Shadow Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum